Embracing happiness

I now really understand happiness is not something you find. There is no such as I have found my happy place, or I am just happy surrounded by this person, or doing this job/activity, it is a big lie to me, a fantasy. The real power is in feeling happy no matter where I am.

Happiness is inside of me. Not in places or other people, or things. I create happiness. I am having a close encounter with real happiness right now, just sitting alone in my place, drinking tea and listening to the glorious sound of rain.

However, to be honest, the thought of I will wake up whatever time I feel like to tomorrow, and only because I would love to hike the rain forest to find a wonderful waterfall, helps a little. Ah! Maybe after that, I will try one of the various amazing coffee shops I haven’t been yet around here, oh yeah!! Happiness is not in places or things. Wow!! How easy I can get distracted by illusions.

Therefore, I have decided my happiness will never depend on other people, places, things, activities/circumstances, you name it. What if I don’t get to sleep over tomorrow morning because my neighbor´s baby decides to cry her/his heart out at 4 am in the morning? And you know that’s what newborn´s do, especially when they are tiny and cute, and so freakish beautiful.

What if, the alarm from the office down stairs decides to loudly scream at 6 am in the morning, just like most of the days? What if tomorrow it rains so hard the forest trails are closed? What if all the coffee shops decide to close because of the holiday?

It looks like my upcoming happiness is depending on to many events that could or could not happen; 50/50 is not enough probability for me to bet on. What if I actually stop balancing my happiness on expectations? and I just decide to be happy with whatever the future brings. I will try to fulfill my agenda of course, but, I won’t be disappointed if some or none of my plans happen. After all, everything is uncertain.

What if I just live one day at a time, one hour at a time, not worrying so much about future anymore? When I embrace this thought I feel tons of weigh fall from my shoulders, my spirit is so light I can levitate.


Let just my friend destiny take care of future from now on, let synergy move the pieces around, let karma do the math and unfold my space of possibilities. Then I will flow with the wind and let myself just be happy. 

Comentarios

Entradas populares